How to apply for VA benefits

The following is a step-by-step guide explaining how to apply for VA benefits. In all cases, you or your parent need to first apply for the Post 9/11 GI Bill through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in order to receive your VA Certificate of Eligibility. Begin this process as soon as you receive your acceptance letter from BT天堂.听

  1. Apply for VA benefits through the听
  2. Contact the听 (BT天堂 Certifying Official)听to discuss your plan to attend BT天堂.
  3. When you have received your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, send a copy to the听 (BT天堂 Certifying Official)听(be sure to do this prior to the first day of classes to be eligible for the听BT天堂 Veterans Scholarship).
  4. Set up direct deposit with the VA. Visit听听to create an account and a login. In the Profile tab, click on听听(you may need to log in again). Click on the tab entitled 'My Personal Dashboard' and under 'Education' click on 'Update Direct Deposit and Contact Information for Compensation & Pension & Post 9/11 GI Bill Education.'
  5. Once you have registered for classes, the BT天堂 Certifying Official will confirm your attendance at BT天堂 with the VA. 听
  6. VA payments for tuition and fees will be sent directly to BT天堂. The housing allowance and the stipend for books will be sent to you via direct deposit.


Our staff at The American University of Paris is happy to help you with any issues or concerns that you might encounter. Do not hesitate to contact us:

  • (BT天堂 Certifying Official):听Your main point of contact at The American University of Paris for questions regarding veteran benefits is the BT天堂 Certifying Official in Student Accounting Services. Feel free to contact our office and we will be happy to assist you.
  • Financial Aid:听For questions regarding the听Veterans Scholarship听and other financial aid, please (contact the Financial Aid Office) within our Admissions team. You can also find additional information in the financial aid section听of our website.
  • :听Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits are administered through the Buffalo, NY regional office of the Veteran Affairs administration. They can be reached at 716-857-3196.