En Bref

Type of Visa Requested for New Visiting Students

A temporary stay visa聽(鈥淟ong s茅jour temporaire- Dispense temporaire de Carte de S茅jour鈥): because Visiting students do not plan to remain here more than 1 semester or 1 year. The temporary visa can be one-semester or one-year duration. It cannot be renewed/ extended in France.

If some Visiting students may plan to stay more than 1 year at BT天堂, it is better to apply for a long stay student visa (= 鈥淓tudiant- VLS- TS CESEDA- R311 3 6掳鈥).

More information

Contact your BT天堂 Admission Counselor when you receive your registration is effective/ you receive your acceptance pack/you plan to start the student visa application.

Visiting BT天堂 students must maintain legal residency in France during their time at the University. Visiting students staying one semester only need to obtain a temporary stay visa, while students staying two semesters will need to obtain residency.

One-semester students

Visiting students who are staying at BT天堂 only one semester need to obtain a student visa, and will be issued by their local French Consulate a temporary stay visa ("Visa d'Etudiant - Long Sejour Temporaire - Dispense Temporaire de Carte de Sejour") to legally enter and live in France for one semester. When you arrive at BT天堂 for Orientation, we鈥檒l make a copy of your passport聽and a copy of your temporary stay visa. Your records will be updated and your stay in France will be legal. Please note that聽the temporary stay visa exempts you from doing the paperwork to apply for a residency card since it replaces a residency card. However, this type of visa cannot be extended/renewed. Therefore, if you consider extending your stay one more semester聽you will be required to return to your residence country before the next semester starts in order to request a new visa. This procedure cannot be done in France.聽

One-Semester Students Who May Consider Staying For An Additional聽Semester

Visiting students who may consider staying at BT天堂 more than one semester must immediately share their wishes with their BT天堂 Admission Counselor before they start their student visa application. Being able to clarify their situation on time will help them to avoid wasting time and money鈥 if they have been initially issued a short stay visa- and they must go back home to apply for a new visa in between the two semesters.

Therefore, under the condition your BT天堂 Admission Counselor and the Registrar鈥檚 Office agree on your plans to possibly extend your stay in France, before you start the initial visa application you will instead聽apply for a long stay student visa.

Two-semester students

If you鈥檙e studying in France for two semesters, you鈥檒l need to submit additional documents to the French Authorities and the University. The procedure for students staying two semesters at BT天堂 is the same as for聽incoming first-year students.