Students have the opportunity to enroll as part-time students at The American University of Paris.

Important-聽Registering as a part-time student at BT天堂 is not sufficient to obtain a Titre de S茅jour once in France-聽The Immigration Office of BT天堂 is not authorized by the French Authorities to process a PART-TIME student residency request. You must also register part-time at another institution in order to reach a full-time student status. Only full-time student status will allow you to start a Titre de S茅jour application in France.

Warning-聽If a new student who plans to enter BT天堂 as a full-time student and applies for a student visa as full-time decides to turn part-time as soon as he arrives in France/ at BT天堂, SIS will not be authorized to help them to do their residency application once here.

Exception-聽SIS can assist the NON EU students - who decide to turn from full-time status to part-time status聽in their last semester聽at BT天堂/ the semester they will graduate- to do their residency renewal paperwork if needed.

If you would like to take courses as a part-time student and stay more than 90 days in France, you must contact your local French Consulate to apply for a long-term student visa VLS-TS ("visa long 蝉茅箩辞耻谤-茅迟耻诲颈补苍迟").

Part-time students must update their residency/ nationality with SIS-聽All the part-time students (EU/ NON EU) are required to update their records with the immigration Office of BT天堂.聽As long as the residency is not updated in our database, their stay in France - under a student status- is聽苍辞迟听legalized. Although SIS does not assist the part-time students on their residency paperwork, it is under the students鈥 responsibility to follow up on their residency status and to make the requested updates with SIS every time it is necessary.

Please note: Any question related to part-time status and its requirements must be discussed beforehand with your local French Consulate, and with the Director of Summer and Part-time Programs at BT天堂聽before聽you finalize your decision. The SIS office聽does not provide assistance to part-time students.